We would like to apologise for the delay in Magazine issues this week. We are about to launch a re-vamped version of the magazine/website, but a few technical issues are taking a little longer to resolve than expected.
There are going to be a number of key changes when the new magazine launches:
1. All video content will revert to being free of charge. After 2 years of being subscription based, the support we have received from our subscribers has allowed us to reach a position where we can again offer the video content free of charge. There will be more details on this in the coming issue and we will be offering a refund policy to existing subscribers who have time left on their subscriptions.
2. All future (and some previous) video content within the magazine will be offered with full screen viewing option. Having seen this working already, it is a fantastic new feature that really brings the videos within the magazine to life. We also have a new player that will allow you to rewind a small part of a video to view again.
3. We will be replacing the Annual DVD with Podcasts this year. Whilst we are disappointed not to be producing a new Annual DVD, the increasing popularity of web videos and the quality that can now be offered with full screen streaming, has made it apparent to us that this is the future of specialist video production. Instead of producing an \'Annual round-up\' online, we are actually changing the format and will be offering bi-weekly Podcasts instead. These will alternate between a \'news round-up\' style Podcast and a \'pure action\' Podcast. The very first Boardseeker Podcast is now finished and can be viewed NOW by searching \'Boardseeker\' on iTunes or subscribe for free by visiting: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=299472089
4. An RSS feed is incorporated into the new site/magazine, allowing you to stay right on top of all the latest windsurfing news.
5. There is a slight graphical refresh of the new site, to reflect the more modern approach to content.
We are experiencing a problem with incorporating the new video player into the archived videos at the moment. We are trying to resolve this as quickly as possible and will bring you all these exciting new additions as soon as we can!!
Thank you for your patience,
The Boardseeker Team