Fanatic are proud to announce the signing of Marcillo "Brawzinho" Browne. At only 19 years old Brawzinho is already one of the best windsurfers in the world in both waves and freestyle. World Freestyle Champion in 2007 and top 10 placings in the waves he is surely destined for great things.
Fanatic Brand Manager Craig Gertenbach: "I´m happy to welcome Marcilio, he fits perfectly into our Fanatic team and shows the youthful enthusiasm for windsurfing that our sport needs and lives from!" This year looks to be all change for Brawzinho. Whilst it hasn\'t been officially released yet, the fact that all his photos are with North Sails probably means he has changed sail too.
So with Fanatic/North now having Brawzinho, Victor and Gollito they are going to be quite a force in the wave/freestyle world!!!
Check out the interview below for more information and check the www.fanatic.com for more details on their complete team.
1. Welcome to Fanatic! What were your reasons to join the Fanatic team? Fanatic has all of the elements together, great team, great shaper, great boards for every condition!
2. What do you think to be in the same team like Gollito Estredo and Victor Fernandez? I think is really cool. I always look up to Victor and Gollito when I´m sailing, and they are good friends of mine and both rip. So will be a great chance for me to improve my sailing.
3. Did you get a chance to try any of our boards yet, if yes which ones and what do you think? Yes, I tried the boards and I really like the NW Twin and also the Skate.
4. How are your plans? What kind of events are you doing in 2009? I will be doing all PWA wave and freestyle events. Will try my best to improve my wave results and do good again in freestyle. Also really want to focus on improving my free sailing, pushing for new moves!
5. Which goals do you want to reach in 2009? Have a lot of fun, try to improve my wave and freestyle results. Also learn new moves and take the sport to new levels!!!
6. What are your plans until the season starts? Train hard!!!